Auditions and Job Opportunities
Box Office Manager
Reporting to Geordie’s Managing Director and works with and is trained by the Audience and Development Coordinator, the Box Office Manager manages the box office for Mainstage shows, makes sales calls, and can be called upon for event coordination. The Box Office Manager should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and have strong skills in communication, customer service and fostering a positive working environment.
Box Office Management
The Box Office Manager is generally the first point of contact with the patrons of Geordie Theatre, promoting the shows and providing information to the general public regarding Geordie Theatre and its theatrical season, both by telephone, by email and in person.
They will then:
• Work with our database program Theatre Manager and our website to process Mainstage single ticket and subscription sales (via phone, mail, and internet) and exchanges.
• Assume box office duties for Mainstage shows.
• With the Audience and Development Coordinator, solicit group sales for Mainstage shows.
• Assist the Audience and Development Coordinator and Administrative Coordinator in scheduling and training volunteers.
• Manage volunteers at Mainstage shows.
• Assist in the conception of fundraising events.
• Produce invitation lists, monitor registrations to events and encourage attendance of invitees.
• Provide logistical support to the event (set up, decoration, etc).
This is a 30-week contract from November 2018 to May 2019. The job is a full-time position. Work schedule of 35 hours per week including days, and occasional evenings and weekends. The successful candidate must be bilingual and will also have an impeccable work ethic, be very organized and be able to equally appreciate the challenges and joys of working in a very fast-paced, liberal, creative, and demanding environment. If circumstances warrant the Box Office Manager, along with all members of the Geordie Theatre team, must show a willingness to contribute to certain and occasional demands that may fall outside his/her own domain. We encourage all to apply that are willing and able to demonstrate their passion for the theatre, a strong willingness to learn, and a commitment to working hard in a collaborative environment.
Candidates must qualify for the Emploi-Quebec Wage Subsidy Program (Subvention Salariale). To be eligible for this program, candidates must meet a number of conditions, including the following:
• Be unemployed
• Be having trouble entering the job market
• Have completed their studies in a field related to the position they are applying for. In this case, arts administration and cultural management are good examples. Graduates of theatre or administration programs could be eligible as well.
The selected candidate will be required to obtain a letter from Emploi-Quebec proving their eligibility.
Please send a cover letter and resume by environmentally friendly email to email@example.com as attached Microsoft Word or PDF files. Applications should include references.
Deadline to submit an application: Friday, October 12th, 2018
Start Date: Monday, November 5th, 2018
Geordie is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.