When you join the Geordie family with your generous contribution, you are not only supporting one of Canada’s leading companies creating Theatre for Young Audiences, you are showing your commitment to the arts and fostering young voices from diverse communities, histories, and perspectives.
It takes a village to create and present the relevant works that Geordie develops on a yearly basis – we simply cannot do it alone. The more you give, the more you demonstrate your dedication to presenting excellent theatre to audiences young and young at heart from communities near and far. As a member of the family, you become a pillar of our company. In showing your support, Geordie is proud to offer you a variety of benefits that promise to enrich your commitment to us and our mission; building upon a partnership that will last long after the curtain goes down.
Your Right As A Donor
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
DEVELOPED BY: Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), Giving Institute: Leading Consultants to Non-Profits
For more information on AFP or the Donor Bill of Rights, click here Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Donor Bill of Rights.