2013-14 School Tour AuditionsMarch 7, 2013
Montreal Times previews Geordie’s 33rd seasonSeptember 13, 2013
Geordie is currently seeking a full-time General Manager for a one year contract to cover a maternity leave, with the potential for other opportunities arising to extend the contract. Contract begins in January 2014, with some cross over and training in December of 2013.
Reporting to the Artistic Director, this position has the chief administrative, operational and producing responsibility of Geordie Productions.
Description of key responsibilities:
- To work with the Artistic Director in realizing the vision of the company
- To be the business leader of the company
- The identification and development of potential new funding sources
- Develop and implement financial and business strategies to keep the theatre in sound financial health
- Build a base for future growth and specific strategic objectives approved by the Artistic Director and Board of Directors
- Work with the Artistic Director on the current long term strategies to ensure the continuation and expansion of Geordie’s work
- Create and monitor all annual, project and capital budgets, cash flow and investments for the company
- Negotiate and administer all employee/union/association agreements, and work with associations as needed
- Act as liaison to various government agencies, including arts councils
- Implement all current office systems (including procedures and equipment), and where necessary implement new systems
- Working closely with bookkeeper and do monthly financial reconciliation
- Act as liaison to Board of Directors regarding the business and producing affairs of Geordie Productions.
- Creative manager and strategic planner with demonstrated leadership skills
- Minimum 2 years progressive experience in professional Canadian Theatre
- Eager to work collaboratively with a small but dedicated staff, Board of Directors and the talented artists of Montreal
- a skilful communicator, verbally and in writing, who is willing and able to represent the theatre to its audience, the wider public and the Montreal Theatre community
- Spoken French is a requirement
- Written French would be an asset
- Experience in working with a non-profit board of directors would be an asset.
Candidates are asked to send a c.v., a comprehensive cover letter, to Geordie productions by August 30th.
4001 Berri Suite 103