April 23, 2020
Geordie Theatre has launched an online series for kids stuck at home amid the coronavirus pandemic. Global’s Laura Casella talks to artistic associate Jessica Abdallah.
April 12, 2020
Mike Cohen from The Suburban takes a look at the performing arts lanscape amidst the pandemic, including Geordie’s online activities, “a way to make things just a bit easier, creative and playful for kids and their families”.
April 9, 2020
Montreal Theatre Hub’s Camila Fitzgibbon features Geordie’s new online initiatives: “Aiming to make theatre education during theses times a bit easier and more creative […] and end the session on a more playful note.”
February 9, 2020
Tina Wayland from Curtains Up reviews Fear of Missing Out: “Funny, poignant, at times infuriating, and touching on key issues that today’s generation seems to be so much better at spotting”
February 6, 2020
The Montreal Gazette previews the next few weeks of theatre in Montreal, including the Geordie Theatre Fest: “an opportunity for the general public to catch up with what Geordie has been up to”.
February 5, 2020
The Geordie Theatre Fest is on Cult MTL’s to-do list: “Audiences of all ages are welcome”!
January 31, 2020
Westmount Mag previews the 2020 Geordie Theatre Fest: “With staged readings in partnership with the National Theatre School of Canada, and our acclaimed 2Play touring shows (The Water Chronicles and Fear of Missing Out) on a mainstage platform”
January 30, 2020
From Côte Saint-Luc to Dorval and back, arts and culture contributor Camila Fitzgibbon has your Montreal theatre roundup! She joins Global’s Andrea Howick to talk all about A Comedy of Tenors, Merton of the Movies, Tropic of X and the Geordie Theatre Fest.
January 28, 2020
Montreal Theatre Hub preview the Geordie Theatre Fest: “In addition to public performances of the 2Play touring shows, audiences at the fest can attend Geordie’s staged reading series featuring exciting new works by Canadian playwrights.”
- Geordie Theatre launches online services and works together with their Board of Directors to raise funds! Over the past few weeks, our community at home and abroad has been deeply affected by the current health crisis. Like our fellow arts organizations, theatres, artists and community partners, we have been working […]
- Geordie Theatre Presents its third edition of the Geordie Theatre fest! This one-week special event supports Geordie’s initiative as a leader in the development of great new works for Theatre for Young Audiences (TYA). With staged readings in partnership with the National Theatre School of Canada, and our acclaimed 2Play touring shows (The Water Chronicles and Fear of Missing Out) on a mainstage […]
- A timeless tale for the whole family that reminds us that every life is valuable and that every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings START THE HOLIDAY SEASON BY SUPPORTING GEORDIE THEATRE’S ANNUAL HOLIDAY FUNDRAISER AND ENJOY A BEAUTIFUL RETELLING OF THE HOLIDAY CLASSIC IT’S A WONDERFUL […]
- A Greek myth reimagined blends circus, theatre, and music to tell the story of a young woman’s fight for justice – From November 15-24, 2019 at D.B. Clarke Theatre, two award-winning companies, Imago Theatre and Geordie Theatre are collaborating for the first time to present Persephone Bound, a production in […]
- Geordie Theatre Announces its 39th Season! After an exceptional lauded and critically acclaimed past season, Quebec’s leading English-language Theatre for Young Audiences Company, Geordie Theatre, is honoured to share an exciting 39th season of new and cherished works for all ages. Currently nominated for ten METAs in the 18/19 award […]
- Geordie Theatre is delighted to unveil the World Premiere of its latest creation Reaching for Starlight! Wrapping up Geordie’s 2018-19 Season is the much-anticipated production of two-time Governor General award-nominated playwright Donna-Michelle St. Bernard’s play: Reaching for Starlight. Inspired by the iconic picture book A Dance Like Starlight by […]
- Back for its second edition, the Geordie Theatre Fest offers families in the Greater Montreal Area something for everyone. Geordie’s 1st-ever “baby show”: the Dora award-winning One Thing Leads to Another The English-language premiere of Little Witch brings the magic of fairy tale for kids ages 6+ Award-winning Canadian playwright […]
- KICK OFF THE HOLIDAY SEASON BY SUPPORTING GEORDIE THEATRE’S ANNUAL HOLIDAY FUNDRAISER WITH A COMEDIC SPIN ON THE classic tale: THE TRIALS of robin hood Robin Hood: lusty hero, hopeless lover, or evil criminal? Told from the perspectives of Maid Marian, the Sheriff of Nottingham and Robin himself, this hilarious telling […]
- 38 Years Young! What happens when you see something that may appear strange or unfair? What do you do about it? Where do you go? How do you stand your ground? When do you give space for others to take the spotlight? Welcome to Geordie’s 38th season where we discover […]
- Road-tested with theatrical runs at both Théâtre Lac Brome and Hudson Village Theatre last summer, where it was loved by children and parents alike, Geordie’s production of Jules Verne’s timeless classic returns to Montreal with revised designs and other surprises! “How will we cross the alps? A hot air balloon […]
- Geordie Productions invites you all to usher in the holiday season with a contribution to a worthy a cause by attending its annual holiday fundraiser production of Charles Dickens’ immortal classic… A CHRISTMAS CAROL The story has become as essential to the holiday ritual as trimming the tree. Miserly Scrooge […]
- Forever setting the stage for inclusion and important reflection, Geordie offers Montreal teens and their families a chance to catch this fiercely relevant award-winning contemporary Canadian masterpiece BOYS WITH CARS Without question, Geordie’s first public offering of the season is the company’s boldest to date. A play for teens, Boys […]
- Welcome to 37! This season is already Geordie’s biggest yet. Here’s why… Last season was Artistic Director Mike Payette’s first with the company and Geordie currently leads the upcoming META (Montreal English Theatre Awards) nominations for the 2016-17 season with 13 nominations! Ever-vital and increasingly relevant, here are some of […]
- Road-tested 27, 000km as part of Canada’s furthest-reaching and longest-running annual theatre tour, Geordie presents its inaugural… GEORDIE THEATRE FEST A young girl and boy throw insults at a pool and spin out into a wonder-filled adventure about body image and empowerment. Three teenagers searching for fame in a world […]
- Geordie Productions is excited to announce this season’s Holiday Gala Production, the all-together unique staging of Frank Capra’s Christmas classic… “What do you want, Mary? You want the moon? Just say the word and I’ll throw a lasso around it and pull it down.” On Christmas Eve, in the little […]
- Montreal’s own theatre for all audiences unveils the Canadian premiere stage adaptation of legendary sci-fi author Ray Bradbury’s The Halloween Tree “Oh it’s dark, yes, and full of nightmare. Everything that Halloween ever was lies buried there. I could show it to you. What do you say?” On Halloween night, […]
- Geordie Productions celebrates 36 years of acclaimed Theatre for Young Audiences with a new Artistic Director, new adventures, and new voices. “I fell in love with Geordie – as most did – when I was a child. Our commitment to fostering young minds, encouraging dialogue about stories from around the […]
- Geordie brings its beloved adaptation of Beethoven Lives Upstairs to the DB Clarke Theatre “…an entertaining way to introduce the whole family to great music [and] great theatre.” – Kathryn Greenaway (The Gazette) The arrival of an eccentric boarder turns a young boy’s life upside down: Ludwig van Beethoven has […]
- Introducing… Geordie Productions is thrilled to announce its appointment of the company’s third Artistic Director. Accomplished local actor, director, producer, co-founder and Artistic Director of Tableau D’Hôte Theatre, Artist Mentorship Program Director and Assistant Artistic Director of Black Theatre Workshop and recipient of the 2015 Montreal English Theatre Award for […]
- What do 3 Superior Court judges, a bunch of lawyers, businesspersons and Georges Laraque have in common? It’s not what you think. They’ve all signed on to perform in this year’s Geordie holiday fundraiser production of… A Christmas Carol By Charles Dickens | Adapted by Alexandria Haber | Directed by […]
- Geordie Productions welcomes back the acclaimed stage adaptation of Hana’s Suitcase to Montreal “How extraordinary that this humble suitcase has enabled children all over the world to learn, through Hana’s story, the terrible history of what happened and it continues to urge them to heed the warnings of history” ~ […]
- Milestones The 2015-16 Season celebrates the 35th anniversary of Quebec’s English-language theatre company for kids, as well as the 10th and final season of its current Artistic Director, Dean Patrick Fleming. Launched in 1980 by Order of Canada appointed Elsa Bolam, Geordie Productions has fostered the love of theatre to […]
- Geordie Productions presents A live theatrical event for the whole family blending Classical Indian and Western dance and music. Beneath the Banyan Tree a Theatre Direct production by Emil Sher with choreography by Lata Pada directed by Lynda Hill February 20th through March 1st, 2015 Centaur Theatre 453 François-Xavier, Montreal, […]
- CHILDREN’S THEATRE TAKES ON THE CHARTER OF VALUES Artistic Director Dean Patrick Fleming has commissioned a new holiday play from award-winning playwright Marcus Youssef (“Jabber”, “Winners and Losers”) to challenge our prejudices, embrace our city’s diversity, and open a space for dialogue to include Montreal’s youth as we explore and […]
- ANNOUNCING OUR 2014-15 SEASON: INSPIRING DIALOGUE April 15, 2014, MONTREAL— This year, Geordie presents a culturally diverse season that celebrates differences. In response to Quebec’s proposed Charter of Values, which sought to divide the multi-cultural society that we have worked hard to build, we at Geordie have started a discussion […]
- The Iliad and The Odyssey Two of the Best Stories Ever Told | Deux des plus grandes histoires jamais racontées. The Iliad April 4-13, 2014 and The Odyssey May 9-18, 2014 Tuesday, March 4, 2014 – Geordie Productions presents a double bill of The Iliad and The Odyssey for their […]
- Geordie starts Suspended Tickets Program; gives tickets to community support organizations Inspired by “Suspended Coffees”, Geordie Productions is pleased to offer “Suspended Tickets” to patrons who are not able to afford them. Like suspended coffees, Geordie is enabling the concept of buy one, buy another to be “suspended” and […]
- MONTREAL, October 10, 2013 – Geordie Productions is pleased to announce the appointment of Kathryn Westoll as General Manager of Geordie Productions, effective January 2014.
- Geordie Productions confronts bullying head-on in their 33rd season MONTREAL, September 13, 2013 – Geordie Productions opens their 33rd season with two plays touring into schools throughout the province about bullying and the effect it can have on the people who endure it. Beginning September 23rd, the popular Geordie School […]
- Geordie Productions Announces 31st Season “3D Theatre since 1980” MONTREAL, April 26, 2011 – Artistic Director, Dean Patrick Fleming is proud to announce Geordie Productions’ 2011-12 season, themed “3D Theatre since 1980”. “3D, old or new, is about looking at things in a more complete way, to be surprised as […]