February 5, 2019
Cult MTL previews The In-Between presented at the Geordie Theatre Fest: “The In-Between isn’t about simple binaries like right/wrong or winning/losing because that’s not how the world works.”
February 1, 2019
Actor, director, playwright and theatre producer Maja Ardal discusses theatre and babies on CKUT’s Upstage during Geordie Theatre Fest’s presentation of One Thing Leads to Another.
January 31, 2019
As Geordie Theatre presents the Quebec premiere of Young People’s Theatre of Toronto’s recent production for babies, show creator Maja Ardal talks with CBC Montreal’s Sue Smith on Homerun about the research that goes into offering theatre for babies.
January 31, 2019
Geordie Theatre is presenting its first ever “baby show” geared towards infants. Global’s Laura Casella is joined by the creator to discuss the interactive show that entertains babies and adults alike.
January 27, 2019
Mike Payette, Geordie Theatre’s artistic director, talks about their latest production for teenagers as well as another show just for babies.
January 20, 2019
CKUT’s In the Motherhood host Robyn Fadden talks with One Thing Leads to Another creator Maja Ardal to learn more about this unique experience.
January 16, 2019
Westmount Mag previews Geordie Theatre Fest: “With something for everyone, the Geordie Theatre Fest is the place for families to be.”
December 12, 2018
Westmount Mag’s Byron Toben reviews The Trials of Robin Hood, a gala fundraiser production: “The actors were not professional thespians […] Nevertheless, their final results were excellent. Not a weak link amongst them.”
December 4, 2018
Our gala cast members and long time friends of Geordie Pepita Capriolo and Trevor Botkin stopped by Global Montreal to talk about The Trials of Robin Hood!
- Back for its second edition, the Geordie Theatre Fest offers families in the Greater Montreal Area something for everyone. Geordie’s 1st-ever “baby show”: the Dora award-winning One Thing Leads to Another The English-language premiere of Little Witch brings the magic of fairy tale for kids ages 6+ Award-winning Canadian playwright […]
- KICK OFF THE HOLIDAY SEASON BY SUPPORTING GEORDIE THEATRE’S ANNUAL HOLIDAY FUNDRAISER WITH A COMEDIC SPIN ON THE classic tale: THE TRIALS of robin hood Robin Hood: lusty hero, hopeless lover, or evil criminal? Told from the perspectives of Maid Marian, the Sheriff of Nottingham and Robin himself, this hilarious telling […]
- 38 Years Young! What happens when you see something that may appear strange or unfair? What do you do about it? Where do you go? How do you stand your ground? When do you give space for others to take the spotlight? Welcome to Geordie’s 38th season where we discover […]
- Road-tested with theatrical runs at both Théâtre Lac Brome and Hudson Village Theatre last summer, where it was loved by children and parents alike, Geordie’s production of Jules Verne’s timeless classic returns to Montreal with revised designs and other surprises! “How will we cross the alps? A hot air balloon […]
- Geordie Productions invites you all to usher in the holiday season with a contribution to a worthy a cause by attending its annual holiday fundraiser production of Charles Dickens’ immortal classic… A CHRISTMAS CAROL The story has become as essential to the holiday ritual as trimming the tree. Miserly Scrooge […]
- Forever setting the stage for inclusion and important reflection, Geordie offers Montreal teens and their families a chance to catch this fiercely relevant award-winning contemporary Canadian masterpiece BOYS WITH CARS Without question, Geordie’s first public offering of the season is the company’s boldest to date. A play for teens, Boys […]
- Welcome to 37! This season is already Geordie’s biggest yet. Here’s why… Last season was Artistic Director Mike Payette’s first with the company and Geordie currently leads the upcoming META (Montreal English Theatre Awards) nominations for the 2016-17 season with 13 nominations! Ever-vital and increasingly relevant, here are some of […]
- Road-tested 27, 000km as part of Canada’s furthest-reaching and longest-running annual theatre tour, Geordie presents its inaugural… GEORDIE THEATRE FEST A young girl and boy throw insults at a pool and spin out into a wonder-filled adventure about body image and empowerment. Three teenagers searching for fame in a world […]
- Geordie Productions is excited to announce this season’s Holiday Gala Production, the all-together unique staging of Frank Capra’s Christmas classic… “What do you want, Mary? You want the moon? Just say the word and I’ll throw a lasso around it and pull it down.” On Christmas Eve, in the little […]
- Montreal’s own theatre for all audiences unveils the Canadian premiere stage adaptation of legendary sci-fi author Ray Bradbury’s The Halloween Tree “Oh it’s dark, yes, and full of nightmare. Everything that Halloween ever was lies buried there. I could show it to you. What do you say?” On Halloween night, […]
- Geordie Productions celebrates 36 years of acclaimed Theatre for Young Audiences with a new Artistic Director, new adventures, and new voices. “I fell in love with Geordie – as most did – when I was a child. Our commitment to fostering young minds, encouraging dialogue about stories from around the […]
- Geordie brings its beloved adaptation of Beethoven Lives Upstairs to the DB Clarke Theatre “…an entertaining way to introduce the whole family to great music [and] great theatre.” – Kathryn Greenaway (The Gazette) The arrival of an eccentric boarder turns a young boy’s life upside down: Ludwig van Beethoven has […]
- Introducing… Geordie Productions is thrilled to announce its appointment of the company’s third Artistic Director. Accomplished local actor, director, producer, co-founder and Artistic Director of Tableau D’Hôte Theatre, Artist Mentorship Program Director and Assistant Artistic Director of Black Theatre Workshop and recipient of the 2015 Montreal English Theatre Award for […]
- What do 3 Superior Court judges, a bunch of lawyers, businesspersons and Georges Laraque have in common? It’s not what you think. They’ve all signed on to perform in this year’s Geordie holiday fundraiser production of… A Christmas Carol By Charles Dickens | Adapted by Alexandria Haber | Directed by […]
- Geordie Productions welcomes back the acclaimed stage adaptation of Hana’s Suitcase to Montreal “How extraordinary that this humble suitcase has enabled children all over the world to learn, through Hana’s story, the terrible history of what happened and it continues to urge them to heed the warnings of history” ~ […]
- Milestones The 2015-16 Season celebrates the 35th anniversary of Quebec’s English-language theatre company for kids, as well as the 10th and final season of its current Artistic Director, Dean Patrick Fleming. Launched in 1980 by Order of Canada appointed Elsa Bolam, Geordie Productions has fostered the love of theatre to […]
- Geordie Productions presents A live theatrical event for the whole family blending Classical Indian and Western dance and music. Beneath the Banyan Tree a Theatre Direct production by Emil Sher with choreography by Lata Pada directed by Lynda Hill February 20th through March 1st, 2015 Centaur Theatre 453 François-Xavier, Montreal, […]
- CHILDREN’S THEATRE TAKES ON THE CHARTER OF VALUES Artistic Director Dean Patrick Fleming has commissioned a new holiday play from award-winning playwright Marcus Youssef (“Jabber”, “Winners and Losers”) to challenge our prejudices, embrace our city’s diversity, and open a space for dialogue to include Montreal’s youth as we explore and […]
- ANNOUNCING OUR 2014-15 SEASON: INSPIRING DIALOGUE April 15, 2014, MONTREAL— This year, Geordie presents a culturally diverse season that celebrates differences. In response to Quebec’s proposed Charter of Values, which sought to divide the multi-cultural society that we have worked hard to build, we at Geordie have started a discussion […]
- The Iliad and The Odyssey Two of the Best Stories Ever Told | Deux des plus grandes histoires jamais racontées. The Iliad April 4-13, 2014 and The Odyssey May 9-18, 2014 Tuesday, March 4, 2014 – Geordie Productions presents a double bill of The Iliad and The Odyssey for their […]
- Geordie starts Suspended Tickets Program; gives tickets to community support organizations Inspired by “Suspended Coffees”, Geordie Productions is pleased to offer “Suspended Tickets” to patrons who are not able to afford them. Like suspended coffees, Geordie is enabling the concept of buy one, buy another to be “suspended” and […]
- MONTREAL, October 10, 2013 – Geordie Productions is pleased to announce the appointment of Kathryn Westoll as General Manager of Geordie Productions, effective January 2014.
- Geordie Productions confronts bullying head-on in their 33rd season MONTREAL, September 13, 2013 – Geordie Productions opens their 33rd season with two plays touring into schools throughout the province about bullying and the effect it can have on the people who endure it. Beginning September 23rd, the popular Geordie School […]
- Geordie Productions Announces 31st Season “3D Theatre since 1980” MONTREAL, April 26, 2011 – Artistic Director, Dean Patrick Fleming is proud to announce Geordie Productions’ 2011-12 season, themed “3D Theatre since 1980”. “3D, old or new, is about looking at things in a more complete way, to be surprised as […]